Thursday, June 20, 2013

Minions!

Every mad scientist needs his minions!


I did a side project for the hell of it in order to take a step back from some of the work that I have been doing on El Monstro. Its good to do little fun things like this every now and then. I am working on a HUGE post with alot more information as well as more pictures as I begin to assemble the beast and test some parts.

Here are a few pictures of the design process

I started with an image that I found through a random Google search.

From here I took the picture in to Auto CAD and traced out all of the parts. I also made a mono goggle (monoggle?) in keeping with the different versions of the little guys.




Next I took each outline into SolidWorks and offset the outlines to give me a plate for support surrounding the outlines. From there I did another smaller outline to give me the walls needed to cut cookie dough with. The last thing I did in SolidWorks was to add a tiny 45 degree angle to the edge of the cutter to help cut into the dough a bit better.





The last step is to send them off to the printer! And.... Bingo! We are ready to make some minion cookies!




No comments:

Post a Comment