Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Monster Is Growing...

Welcome to the blog!

Here I hope to document the process that I am going  through in designing a very large scale 3D printer as well as some of the random objects and projects that I come up with.

Here is the first picture of the test assembly of my giant 3D printer's frame. The giant 3D printer has been dubbed, "El Monstro". It seemed like an appropriately ominous title for such a beast of a project.

The frame measures 4'-3" x 4'-3" x 5'-9".


For a bit of a height reference here I am standing in the center of the frame. I am 5'11" tall.

I will have more pictures and information in the days ahead as I begin to assemble and test El Monstro. 

I will note that the pictures are a TEST assembly to make sure that the holes tapped in the ends of each piece of extruded aluminum were deep enough. There will be much more in the way of corner blocks and other parts to make the frame more rigid.

No comments:

Post a Comment